BUDO GI JOE 1988 REVIEW - BLAST FROM THE MEMORY LANE

Wow. Just recently, I got hold of G.I. Joe Budo. A not so popular mainstream character in the G.I. Joe mythos. But this figure took me back to the days when I could barely afford to buy one.

This figure happens to be my first GI Joe figure. I remember correctly, it is around 1989 when I got mine. With the power of the internet, I was able to find its carded photo:


My new one, I got from ebay, a loose figure. Back then, It cost me roughly $2.50. The one I got from Ebay, cost around $10.00.

Anyway, what I like bout this figure back then, even though I have no idea who he is, are its accessories. As a kid, the more will always be merrier. It seems like the it is more valuable.

The good thing is that the one I got has complete accessories.

It has its helmet, back pack, Katana Blade, extra samurai in scabbard, and a Sai. Joints are tight, but like most cases, it's O-Ring is loose. My original Budo figure also suffered from this, and eventually broke its o ring and its metal ball and hook connection to the leg.

It has the standard articulation as of any GI Joe figure of the era, also it is suffering from scale problems, and having an awkward pelvic structure.


Back to who Budo is, well I still have no idea who he is. His name, refers to Japanese Martial Arts. But I suppose he is a Samurai warrior, or I could be wrong.

Great to have him back. My first G.I. Joe figure. Totally outdated from the current Joe figures, but equally fun and definitely nostalgic. 

Time to meditate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive