REST IN PEACE THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR



Jim Hellwig - The Ultimate Warrior - Warrior.

The Ultimate Warrior is the most explosive and energetic persona that I have ever seen. And mind you, he is a real, living person, in a world of the unreal. Ever heard of Parts Unknown, ey?

He is a specimen, compared to and in opposition with the mighty Hercules (Hernandez). LOLS

He is one of the few WWF superstars that I truly cared about as a child. And this is the stage in my life where I believed that wrestling is real. I cared for his wins, and I was concern when he struggled against the Undertaker in most of his MSG matches, watching through VHS tapes.

I went nuts when his entrance song played in Summerslam of 88, indicating that he will be the mystery opponent of the Honky Tonk Man, winning the Intercontinental Championship on the way. This win is one of the memories etched in my mind related to wrestling.

The first and probably only one that defeated Hulk Hogan "cleanly". And potentially could have, should have been the face of wrestling have not of the Summerslam 91 shenanigan.


Other feud that followed were against Papa Shango, which to be honest was full crap. And the career ending match with Macho Man Randy Savage.

I kinda lost interest in wrestling at some point and have never heard of the warrior after Slam. I knew he made a comeback, sporting a totally different and stupid look. But the effect to me was not the same anymore.

Then came The Self Destruction of The Ultimate Warrior, which to a rational and objective eye was a demolition job to the man. Then surprise2x, the induction to the WWE Hall of Fame.

The ultimate warrior is a true man, ahead of time. A childhood hero. Here's to te memories.

Rest in Peace Jim.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive